Campaigns are a sequence of emails sent during set periods to optimize an email marketing strategy and provide subscribers with more value automatically.
When you assign a Contact/Prospect to a campaign and he/she opts-in, He/She will automatically be sent emails by the campaign.
- How to Assign a Campaign to an Existing Contact using the RF Mobile App?
- How to Assign/Change a Campaign of an Existing Contact using the RF Web Version/ Back Office?
- Can I Personalize the content or Edit the Signature of a Campaign Email?
- How would I know the contents and schedule of Campaign Emails?
- What to do if your contact/prospect tells you that they have not received the Opt-In email
- Opt-In Rate and Warnings
7 IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE ASSIGNING A PROSPECT TO A CAMPAIGN:
1. Only contacts/prospects with valid email addresses can be assigned to campaigns.
2. Campaigns work and are assigned via email address. If an email address has already been assigned by a user to his/her own campaign, another user cannot assign that email address to his/her campaign. Thus:
- A user cannot assign an email address to more than 1 campaign
- Should the user get an error saying that the email address is already assigned to a campaign by another user, a user can still assign a person to his/her own campaign provided that the user uses a different email address for that contact.
- The user may still send resources directly to the contact even if he gets the error message saying that the email address is already assigned by another user to a campaign. Only campaign functionality is restricted to one contact.
- The user may not ask the RF Support Team to release manually the email address from another user just so he/she can assign that email address to his/her own campaign. The support team however may suggest to reach out to the other user that has that email address assigned to take out the campaign off the contact or delete the contact.
3. Once a campaign is assigned to a contact, the contact has 20 days to opt-in to the campaign. Should the contact fail to opt-in within the prescribed period, the contact’s email address will be released from the campaign of the current user. After 20 days without an opt-in, another user may attempt to get that contact/email to opt-in to a campaign.
4. As soon as you have assigned the campaign to your contact, The campaign will immediately send the Opt-In email. You can see the exact subject line by going to "Campaigns" in the app.
5. The opt-in link is the hyperlink found when the contact opens the Opt-In email. When the contact clicks that link, he/she will be opted-in to the campaign and will receive emails from the campaign moving forward.
6. Campaigns cannot be paused. However, you can set the campaign to None for campaign emails to stop sending. When you assign the contact to a campaign (even to the same one), the Campaign will restart.
7. Campaign emails cannot be edited/personalized. Please send all suggestions/requests concerning campaigns to email@example.com
How to Assign/Change a Campaign of an Existing Contact using the RF Mobile App?
1. Go to Contacts, then tap the contact of your choice. On the Details Tab under the Contact Details Page, Scroll down and look for Active Campaign. If you see the Change button, tap it.
2. You will be asked which Campaign you would like to assign your contact/prospect to. Tap your choice of campaign for your contact then tap Assign
NOTE: Selecting None does not put your contact to a campaign. This is also the option you use (NONE) to remove a contact from a campaign.
3. Once done, you will see the campaign name appear on the Active Campaign section under the Details Tab.
*You may always change the campaign for your contact. In doing so, your contact will be sent another opt-in email in which he/she will have to opt-in again for the new campaign to start.
*If your contact tells you that they have not received the Opt-In email, you can tap the (RESEND OPT-IN) button.
How to Assign/Change a Campaign of an Existing Contact using the RF Web Version/ Back Office?
1. Once logged in, Click the Contacts then click the Name of the Contact of your choice.
2. Click View/Edit Details
3. In the Edit Contact page, scroll down until you see the section for Assign/Change Campaign.
If your contact has a valid email address, you will see a drop-down box beside Assign/Change Campaign. Click that drop-down box to select the campaign of your choice.
NOTE: If you select NONE as the campaign and save it, the contact will be taken out of the campaign and the status will of the contact will either be blank or "Viewed" if the contact has viewed a resource.
4. Click SAVE
Note: If your contacts already opted-in, they will no longer receive the Opt-in email since they only need to opt-in once.
Can I Personalize the content or Edit the Signature of a Campaign Email?
All campaign emails are pre-formatted, and you are unable to any part of the Campaign email.
The campaigns are all programmed to have the same signature. It contains:
However, the information is being pulled from your profile page, so please make sure your First and Last name fields are filled in to your liking.
How would I know the contents and schedule of Campaign Emails?
Campaign emails are sent by schedule. If you would like to know the schedule, subject line and content of the campaign emails:
In the App:
1. Once logged in, tap Campaigns
2. You will see a list of Campaigns. Tap the Campaign Name that you wish to view
3. On the Campaign Details page, tap the Day/Title of the email you wish to see (As you may have noticed, the emails are sent not everyday but they are scheduled so as not to send too many emails to the prospect. )
4. You will be brought to the Email Detail page where you will see the content of the email that is sent for that day. There are items that are enclosed by square brackets (ex. firstName) that will automatically be populated by the info they represent when they are sent to your prospects.
In the Web Version/ Back Office:
1. On the web version, click Campaigns
2. Click the eye icon of the Campaign you wish to view the details of (The eye icon is at the rightmost column/ Action column)
3. On the Contact Details Page, you will see the Schedule of Emails
4. To view the content of the campaign email, click the eye icon under the Action column of the email you wish to view.
Opt-In Rate and Warnings:
Opt-In rate is the number of contacts that are opted-in to your campaigns / total # of contacts ASSIGNED to campaigns
IMPORTANT NOTES ON OPT-IN RATES
- Opt-In rate only concerns Campaigns
- Once you have reached a total of 50 contacts (regardless whether or not they have been assigned to campaigns), the system will begin checking for your Opt-In rate.
- Even if you delete contacts and appear to have less than 50, once the system begins checking for your opt-in rate, it will continuously audit.
- You must maintain your Opt-In rate at 20%
What happens when your Opt-In rate is below 20%?
- If your opt-in rate falls below 20%, you will receive a reminder email, letting you know that your opt-in rate is low and you should take steps to review all your contacts. At this point your account will still be fully functional.
- If your opt-in rate falls below 15%, you will receive a warning email and your account status will change to 'Warned'. Your account will still be fully functional.
- If your opt-in rate falls below 10%, you will:
- Receive the email about the account being 'Restricted' and status will change to 'Restricted'
- See a message at top of the Dashboard when they log in to their account
- See the message about contacting support if they try to assign a campaign to a contact
What happens when your account is "Restricted"?
- User loses ability to assign contacts to campaigns. This applies to both on web and mobile.
- User can still access account on web and mobile
- User can still view/send resources and manage contacts
- When trying to assign campaigns, user will receive the message: "Please contact support to reinstate the ability assign campaigns."
What to do to REINSTATE your "Restricted" account?
- For those contacts that are not have not yet Opted-In, you can call and let them know what information you are sending and explain that they need to confirm their email first by clicking on the link. It may just be that the confirmation email went into their junk folder, so it's a good idea to remind them to check there. You can then re-send them the opt-in email.
- Click here for more info on how to re-send the opt-in email
- Simply change all the ones who have not opted-in by assigning them to campaign 'None' and then contact them when you have time to get them properly setup and re-assign campaign if they are still interested.
- Delete the contacts who have unsubscribed, bounced, or complained.
Should you have any questions, we are happy to help you:
1. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Chat with us! on your app, go to More > Support
Then tap the Chat icon (or leave us a message through that as well)
3. Join the discussion at RapidFunnel Community Forums