There is a difference between the status of your Contacts and the status of emails sent to your Contacts.
Contacts can be:
- Blank: Contact does not have an email address associated or no campaign is assigned to the contact.
- New: Contact has been assigned to a campaign, but has not opted in. No resources have been sent.
- Engaged: Contact viewed a resource, but has not yet opted-in
- Contact has opted-in and is receiving emails in the campaign
- Has finished the campaign, and will receive any future emails added into the campaign
- Has Opted-in previously, but contact's campaign has been changed to 'None'
- Bounced: Email delivery permanently unsuccessful. Please see FAQ Why all/most of my emails show as BOUNCED
- Unsubscribed: Contact has requested to be unsubscribed from all emails, and will not receive any more emails from you.
- Released: Contacts can be added by another associate if they have not opted-in to the campaign within 20 days of being sent the opt-in email. After 20 days of no activity from the contact, they can be added by another associate. Once the contact has been added by another associate to a campaign, the status will change from 'New' to 'Released'.
- Complained: Some people choose to report email as SPAM to their email provider rather than just unsubscribing. This contact complained that one of the emails they received was SPAM. No further emails will be sent to this contact.
Emails (sent to contacts) can be:
- Sent: The email has been sent to contact and has been delivered to their email provider, but not opened by recipient. The email provider chooses whether the email is actually delivered to your contact’s inbox or some other folder, including promotional or spam.
- Opened: Contact opened the email, but did not take any action (such as clicking a link). Contact will not receive any further campaign emails unless they click on the link within an email.
- Clicked: Contact clicked on a link in the email that was sent to them
- % Display: Total amount of video watched.
- Bounced: Contact did not receive the email, most likely due to a bad email address. Once an email to the contact bounces, that contact is marked as 'Bounced' and will not receive future emails (see Contact status "Bounced" above)
- Unsubscribed: Contact decided not to receive any more emails, and clicked on the unsubscribe link within the email. They will not receive any future emails.
- Complained: Some people choose to report email as SPAM to their email provider rather than just unsubscribing. This contact complained that this email was SPAM. This will mark the Contact as "Complained" (see Contact Status "Complained" above).