RapidFunnel is a permission-based, person-to-person, marketing tool. It’s to help build on the connections you make with your warm market, the people you’ve spoken with who have said they are interested in the information you have to share. It is not a system where you can just throw a bunch of random people’s information in and hope for the best. It won’t work.
People you put into the system should expect to receive emails or other resources from you, and have been told to look for them. We know that most people intend to the use the system correctly, but unfortunately, some Users do not. Therefore, the protections were put in place to protect all Users on the RapidFunnel platform. Low opt-in rates are almost always a precursor to high SPAM complaints. Too many SPAM complaints affects our ability to deliver email on all Users' behalf to their contacts. Since delivery of campaign emails is central to the effectiveness of RF, we must do our best to protect the platform in these areas.
Your contacts must opt-in before they will start receiving marketing information from the campaigns. While we know that some contacts don't see the opt-in email, or choose not to opt-in, we have found that Users who have considerably less than a 50% opt-in rate typically aren't doing one of two things:
- They aren't telling people that they HAVE TO confirm their email by CLICKING on the link, or haven't asked them to look for that first email and click on the link.
- They aren't talking to the people they put in the system AT ALL .
Once you reach 50 contacts, the system starts checking your opt-in rate. 50 is an arbitrary number that was chosen in order to make sure an active new User doesn't get disabled on their first or second day, as it may take a day or two for their contacts to click on the opt-in email.
If your opt-in rate falls below 20%, you will receive an email, letting you know that your opt-in rate is low and you should take steps to review all your contacts. At this point your account will still be fully functional.
If your opt-in rate falls below 15%, you will receive a warning email and your account status will change to 'Warned', though your account will still be fully functional.
If a user’s opt-in rate falls below 10%, they will:
- Receive the email about the account being 'Restricted' and status will change to 'Restricted'
- See a message at top of the Dashboard when they log in to their account
- See the message about contacting support if they try to assign a campaign to a contact
How the account works when opt-in rate is below 10% and status is 'Restricted':
- User loses ability to assign contacts to campaigns. This applies to both on web and mobile.
- User can still access account on web and mobile
- User can still view/send resources and manage contacts (except campaign assignment).
- When trying to assign campaigns, user will receive the message: "Please contact support to reinstate the ability assign campaigns."
In order to get your opt-in rate above the MINIMUM 20% threshold, you have 3 options:
- Log in on to your account and go to your contacts. For any who are not 'Active', you can call and let them know what information you are sending and explain that they need to confirm their email first by clicking on the link. It may just be that the confirmation email went into their junk folder, so it's a good idea to remind them to check there. You can then re-send them the opt-in email. Click here for more info on how to re-send the opt-in email: How do I resend the Opt-in email?
- Simply change all the ones who have not opted-in by assigning them to campaign 'None' and then contact them when you have time to get them properly setup and re-assign campaign if they are still interested.
- Delete the contacts who have unsubscribed, bounced, or complained.
Please Note (1): The 50 contact threshold was set up for new Users only. Once you go above 50 contacts, the system will always be checking the opt-in rate, even if you delete some contacts and the total contact count falls below 50. The system will not reset your account until it goes above 20%. Remember, this is in your best interest, too. Contacts who do not opt-in will not receive any campaign emails. Helping people opt-in to a campaign is the best way to put the power of RapidFunnel to work for you. If they don't ever opt-in, there's no point in leaving them assigned to a campaign, as it negatively affects your rate.
Thank you for your understanding and your efforts in learning to use the system as it is intended to be used. Please direct any further questions to RF Support by submitting a ticket.